Here is a screenshot of the message displayed to the employee on submitting the timesheet:
Where can this be configured?
This feature can be setup at the Workgroup setup component. The layout of the workgroup component has undergone a bit of change in 9.2. The relevant section where the Sign-Off message can be configured is shown below:
- The 'Require Employee Sign-Off on Timesheet' checkbox can be used to display the sign-off message to the employee. If this checkbox is unselected, the sign-off message will not be displayed to the employee.
- Once the checkbox is selected, then the Message Catalog details that contain the text of the sign-off message will have to be given.
- The Signature Statement is a non-editable field and displays the detailed text of the message number entered.
- This message is also printed in the report produced by clicking on the 'Print Timesheet' link on the timesheet page.
- This message is displayed only in ESS. If a manager/administrator submits time on behalf of the employee, this message will not be displayed.
- Considering that this is intended to be a 'sign-off' message given to employees, I found it a bit strange that the message is displayed after the timesheet submission confirmation page is displayed. It would have been more appropriate if the sign-off message is shown prior to the final timesheet submission, so that employees have an opportunity to acknowledge the submission before the changes are saved in the system.
One theme that I am seeing in some of these changes in 9.2 Time and Labor - is increasing time/wage hour compliance. Let it be the print timesheet functionality, timesheet sign-off feature or restricting non-administrators from modifying an employee's timesheet - they all add up to reducing the risk of time related litigations for an organisation. Should help the business case for a 9.2 upgrade!