- A Workgroup only contain either Positive Time Reporters or Elapsed Time Reporters - never a combination of both.
- All employees in a workgroup will have access to the same set of TRCs.
- All employees in a workgroup will be subject to the same Time Processing rules.
- All employees in a workgroup should have the same work Period (Weekly, Biweekly, Monthly etc.)
- Not a robust design to create separate workgroups for different schedules. A schedule can and should ideally be directly attached to an employee.
- If the definition of the day breaker varies for various employees in your organisation, then it might be required to group employees together based on the day breaker requirements. Thanks to Galego for bringing this point to notice.
This approach will greatly reduce the number of workgroups that will have to be configured and increase the maintainability of the application. Workgroup is inherently a definition local to Time and Labor whose main purpose is to ensure that the correct time processing rules are applied during the TIMEADMIN process. The performance of the TIMEADMIN process can also be significantly improved by decreasing the number of workgroups.