Thursday, July 10, 2008

Peoplesoft Time and Labor Setup Guide: Summary

Having completed over seven end to end roll outs in Peoplesoft Time and Labor - my team recently decided to design a quick implementation package for Peoplesoft Time and Labor implementations. This package contains ready made data loading programs for every T&L setup component, a complete T&L design strategy guide which talks about the best practices in designing the various data elements, ready made Peoplesoft HRMS to Time and Labor integration program, an exhaustive Client Questionnaire gathered from our experience that will help the team capture even the smallest client requirement at the earliest stage, a Data Collection form for all T&L components and a reported time mass load program. These tools will drastically reduce the implementation time for any T&L implementation and is a ready reckoner for any organisation going for a T&L implementation.

Pasted below is a summary of the setup sequence as well as set up methodology for all T&L components, an excerpt from the setup guide.

Setup Component

Data Loading Method

T&L Installation

Manual

Time Zone Offset

Manual

Time Periods

Manual

Pay System

Manual

TRC Category

Manual

TRC

AE

TRC Program

Manual/AE depending on volume of data

Compensatory Time Off Plan

AE

Override Reason Code

Manual

Time Reporting Template

Manual

Shifts

AE

Schedule Group

Manual

Schedule Definition

AE

Holiday Schedule

AE

Value List

Manual

Template Built Rule

Manual

Rule Program

Manual

Task Template

Manual

Task Profile

Manual

Task Group

Manual

Time Administration Options

Manual

TL Permission List Security

Manual

Dynamic Group Creation

Manual

Employee Enrolment

AE

Compensation Plan Enrolment

AE

Schedule Assignment

AE

15 comments:

Unknown said...

It is really good information!!! I have a question reg TRC load using AE, what is the AE name to load TRCs?

Jiju Vengal said...

Hello Psoft,
Thank you for leaving your comment. There is no delivered AE or CI to load TRCs in Peoplesoft. We have ready made AEs to load all the set up components mentioned.
Let me know by mail

Unknown said...

Wonderful blog. Keep it up..

Maurice Frank said...

Jiju,

>> my team recently decided to design a quick implementation package for Peoplesoft Time and Labor implementations.

Sounds useful, how can I get more information?

Maurice Frank
mauricegcps@mindspring.com

Unknown said...

Hi Jiju,

How can I get Client Questionnaire for Time & labor?

Maverick_1979 said...

Is it possible to share information you have gathered for T&L to have a better understanding and be more productive on T&L module.

Saurabh
smarwaha@live.com

Anonymous said...

I would love to get this guide you mention in the post. Is there any way to get my hands on one?

jkrews@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Good thought... can you please send me a copy.

Paresh Redkar said...

Good job with this post. We are implementing T&L for my organisation. Can you send me the guide you mention in the post. Is there any way to get my hands on one?

pareshredkar@gmail.com

Pete said...

Just something I was looking at. Can I also get this information? That would help me a lot. Great Blog.

petebosch(at)gmail.com

Thanks a ton.

Unknown said...

Hi I'm a neophyte in implementing Time and Labor. Can you please send me the guide? Thank you very much

tj_costumbrado16@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Hi Jiju,
I've read thru all your posts related to T&L. Very informative. Could you please send me the Time and labor Setup Guide? Thanks!
My email: divya_ananya@yahoo.com

Jiju Vengal said...

Hi Divya/All,
Thanks for dropping by.
The setup guide and tools have been compiled after many hours of research and work at our side. I would be happy to answer any specific question that you might have on PeopleSoft Time and Pay modules, but if you need a copy of the setup guide or any further consulting services, it would come at a modest price!

Regards,
Jiju.

Unknown said...

Hi Jiju,

Can you please let me know how to enable T&L on an existing HRMS App.
Do we need to have Installation CDs again with licnese from oracle for adding a module and install it.
I have a demo environment on Tools 8.49. Please let me know
mail id : praveen.shabadi@gmail.com
Thank you.
Praveen

Unknown said...

Dear friends,
While in Brazil Time and Labor has not received a location, we have a specific legislation here.
Yet some companies purchase the product and thus made ​​some customizations in order to adapt it to the needs of the basic law.
I would like to receive this material Implementation, since I never deployed and my knowledge are only in HCM.
Please send to claudio_boaretto@yahoo.com.br

Thank you!

Cláudio Boaretto